My “Philosophy of Care” is that there are many possible solutions to a symptom. I would like to partner with you to find that best possible solution for you.
Clinton County Office
4977 Old US Route 50
Aviston, Illinois 62216
Hello! I’m Kim Peek.
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who works with people who want to improve the quality of their life. This could be due to the experience of a traumatic event, tragic loss or prolonged grief experience or just wanting to get past some emotional discomfort. I also help those who do “too much,” caretakers in their personal and often professional life who have been overwhelmed with all that life is throwing at them. Many people I help are experiencing life in a way that feels overwhelming, out of sorts, restricted or out of balance.
I received a Master of Social Work degree from Southern Illinois University and I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker to practice in Illinois. I am certified/trained in the following specializations:
- Heart Math –
- Stress management tools and techniques to regulate emotions in real life.
- Learn to adapt to life’s challenges more effectively.
- Helps you find ways to reduce stress on your body, control reactions in daily life and experience more calm and ease.
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Collaborative Problem Solving
- Therapy for Trauma Relief/Resolution:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – trauma focused
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy – mindfulness
- Brain spotting
- I have extensive experience working with individuals with the following experiences:
- Childhood Emotional Neglect
- Sexual Abuse/Domestic Violence
- Anxiety and stress symptomology
- Clinically Certified Forensic Counselor
- Clinically Certified Domestic Violence Counselor
- Life Coaching
I focus on helping others with anxiety, stress management, emotional regulation and overall improved life satisfaction. I have a special interest in helping individual improve their quality of life. This includes managing the day to day stressors that may come from your line of work that they engage in or being a caregiver for a family member. Another area of interest of overall wellness – mind, body and spirit.
My “Philosophy of Care” is that there are many possible solutions to a symptom. I would like to partner with you to find that best possible solution for you. I believe that mood dysregulation that often looks like anxiety, stress, overwhelm, depression, PTSD is a response to how we respond to difficult experiences and that there is help. With the power of awareness, mindfulness and a collaborative approach, we can achieve our best selves.
All the best,
Learn to make you a priority
Feel well, laugh well, relate well to others, and find meaning and purpose in your life. Solutions 4 Wellness, Inc is here to help you help yourself in manageable and achievable ways.